A Mango Affair

kokak goes the frog from
Somewhere at the farm in
Salapungan, Gerona, Tarlac, the
place where me and my family
get mangoes
             
                                that we sell

for a price at the palengke
                      the
place where me and my family
get the money for my tuition fee

for
four years in college where
I took up a course that
sounds good in a diploma
it’s called philosophy
       
                               but the
only philosophical thing
about it all is how
I got a job which has
nothing to do at all with
what
                                    I
                                 studied
for four years-

a funny thing because
me and my family
got the money for my tuition fee
at the Mango orchard albeit
it’s quite sad

               that the mangoes
nowadays are sold in the palengke
for a cheaper price exactly at
a time when I could see
that there is hope for me
after all

                                   (oh, oh!)
But,

     bach bach bach goes the chickens
in the farm in Salapungan, Gerona,
Tarlac, how I loathe their noise
chickens send chills up my spine
ugly as they are with their
bach - bach - bach - bach
at the place where me
and my family get mangoes

                                that we sold

So I could get an education
(I just want to point it out)
though it has a cheaper price
nowadays

would you like to have
some mangoes?
     
                              Please help yourself
to one tiklis
until your blood sugar
goes up ohwahtwillwedo
but I got a job
somewhere far from Salapungan,
Gerona, Tarlac,

                                  away
From the kokaks and the
bach bach bachs

                                  Please have a mango

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.